1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Symbian die-hard looking to move over

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Arls, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Arls

Arls Lurker

Hi,

I'm a die-hard symbian fan (right back to the days of the Psion 5 series!) who is finally bored of the lack of updates and new features so ready to make the switch. My wife has an iPhone so I couldn't possibly be seen to go that way.

I had a few questions I wondered if you guys could help me with as I finalise my plans to switch...

- I'm in the UK and bought the Nokia N85 for its ability to directly download BBC iPlayer vids to watch offline on planes, trains etc. I know that this isn't supported in Android or many other phones but is 'sideloading' of the 'mobile' version of the video possible after downloading it to a PC please?

- Work uses MS Exchange email and calendar, is synch of both well supported and smooth in use?

- I have a car without snazzy audio in or cassette deck, are there any Andriod handsets out there with built in FM transmitter please?

Thanks in advance!
    Arls

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert

With Android you can download videos directly from the Android browser and store it on the phone to view later. You can also sideload videos from the PC via micro USB cable. The phone has to be switched to PC storage mode where it will appear as a flash drive to the PC.

MS Exchange email and calendar is supported. Some do it better than others, like Android phones with the HTC Sense like the Desire Z or Desire HD.

If you are looking for FM stereo, try HTC phones, like the Desire Z or Desire HD.