1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sync and Calendar questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pac0naut, Jun 3, 2011.

1. pac0naut

pac0naut Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    COO of a small family run company... I sell copier
    Phoenix, AZ
    First off, my phone syncs at the MOST inopportune times, but I haven't figured out a way to have it sync at a certain time. I have it set to sync once a day but it seems to do more than that. I'd like it to sync at 2am when I'm not using the darn thing and having it lag all over the place!

Secondly, does everyone use the stock calendar app and how does it notify you of events?

Might seem like a dumb question, but I really need to start using my calendar more.

Advertisement

2. trmzu

trmzu Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2010
    I use the stock calendar app. I use it in conjunction with my Google calendar (they are synced to each other).

If you create the event on google calendar, you have options to have it e-mail your gmail account, text you, or "pop up" (but I don't know what pop-up does).

When you create an event on the stock calendar app, you can set an alarm, but all it does is a small beep and gives you a notification icon at the top bar.

I'm not sure how to change the sync to a certain time. One thing you could possibly to help lag is to turn off automatic date and time changes. My phone recently began to have random shutdowns, which became annoying because I couldn't rely on the alarm to wake me up anymore. So I turned off the automatic time changes and closed all the apps at the end of the night and haven't had a problem since.