1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sync contacts and calendar (with outlook?) Or how else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gene martin, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Gene martin

Gene martin Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2014
    Male
    New to the android platform. Deserted the i world, yay!
    So far I haven't found a way to sync contacts and calendar with Tab S and the S5 and outlook on my main computer. Is this possible? If not do I have to do the sync with Gmail instead? I have used outlook for so long and am used to it that I don't really want to change if I don't have to.
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    Check out Companion Link. Pricier than other solutions, but really is a complete and integrated solution and very good tech support.

http://www.companionlink.com/

3. Gene martin

Gene martin Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2014
    Male
    Seems to me that Companion Link is expesive at 49.00. being able to sync contacts and calendar with outlook and all my devices on the iCloud was the only the only thing (so far) that i miss from the iWorld ( and it was free)
    it just seems ridiculous that someone in the Android world would be on to this for a lot less than 49.00

4. Hook

None

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    Take a spin through the Android applications forum. There are others. In my experience, they are not always reliable, but some people swear by them. One is called My Phone Explorer, I believe. Another I think uses Outlook paired with Outlook.com. Also, if you don't mind using Google as an intermediary, Gsyncit is a cheaper option. There are others as well. The applications forum is the more relevant place for this discussion as it really isn't device specific.

Device specific, I think Kies may even offer to do this, it did in the past, but again I don't have the device and I already own Companion Link. ;-) In the 3 years I have owned CL (and there were even fewer options then), it has more than paid for itself in my mind.

5. Hook

None

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    Duplicate... server hiccup

6. Gene martin

Gene martin Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2014
    Male
    OK, thanks for the replies. i will see what i can find out and let you know how i do. i did install the trial version of CL but could not get it to work properly so i probably needed some support from them.