• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync contacts and calendar (with outlook?) Or how else?

Gene martin

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
New to the android platform. Deserted the i world, yay!
So far I haven't found a way to sync contacts and calendar with Tab S and the S5 and outlook on my main computer. Is this possible? If not do I have to do the sync with Gmail instead? I have used outlook for so long and am used to it that I don't really want to change if I don't have to.
Thanks

Seems to me that Companion Link is expesive at 49.00. being able to sync contacts and calendar with outlook and all my devices on the iCloud was the only the only thing (so far) that i miss from the iWorld ( and it was free)
it just seems ridiculous that someone in the Android world would be on to this for a lot less than 49.00

Upvote 0
Seems to me that Companion Link is expesive at 49.00. being able to sync contacts and calendar with outlook and all my devices on the iCloud was the only the only thing (so far) that i miss from the iWorld ( and it was free)
it just seems ridiculous that someone in the Android world would be on to this for a lot less than 49.00

Take a spin through the Android applications forum. There are others. In my experience, they are not always reliable, but some people swear by them. One is called My Phone Explorer, I believe. Another I think uses Outlook paired with Outlook.com. Also, if you don't mind using Google as an intermediary, Gsyncit is a cheaper option. There are others as well. The applications forum is the more relevant place for this discussion as it really isn't device specific.

Device specific, I think Kies may even offer to do this, it did in the past, but again I don't have the device and I already own Companion Link. ;-) In the 3 years I have owned CL (and there were even fewer options then), it has more than paid for itself in my mind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones