• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync contacts from X10 to Gmail

Blackvibes

Lurker
May 9, 2010
Hey guys,

This sync way is a little different. I've set up a sync from Gmail to my Xperia X10, but I want it backwards too. Just when I'm hanging with friends and meet new ones.. I add them to my phone. But If I want to mail them from my home computer.. I want to manage the contacts directly from my Gmail. So when it does not sync backwards, I cannot.

Any way I can sync the contacts from my Phone to Gmail?

After you sync contacts on your phone go to:
www.google.com/contacts
There you can decide which of your contacts will appear in Gmail and which will not. I know that as soon as I make a change on my phone, the change appears in Gmail when I try to send a mail to that person.

So I just noticed.. Not directly but within 2 hours (For me this time) it adds phone contacts to Gmail. :) I added a fake contact in my phone and it just showed up @ gmail :) So it does sync back. Great! =)

But.. Whether they appear in your Gmail contacts or not.. So you've said.. How I do? Everyone who I ever sent an Email to appears in my contactbook of my phone. How I change this?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
On your phone, in the contact book, options (or something like that) you have the option to select which contact groups to display. You just have to select My Contacts only (you can see on the web in which folder your phone contacts are, it's usually My Contacts).
They appear after a couple of hours because you rely on autosync. If you sync manually after you add a contact, it will appear then.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

This sync way is a little different. I've set up a sync from Gmail to my Xperia X10, but I want it backwards too. Just when I'm hanging with friends and meet new ones.. I add them to my phone. But If I want to mail them from my home computer.. I want to manage the contacts directly from my Gmail. So when it does not sync backwards, I cannot.

Any way I can sync the contacts from my Phone to Gmail?
how did you get it to sync from gmail to phone? I have the opposite problem to you, (I assme you have solved it by now!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones