1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support sync deleted all photos and video - help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gickigirl, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Gickigirl

Gickigirl Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Hi - I just tried to do my first sync from my HTC Desire HD with the HTC Sync software and it deleted all of my photos and videos that were on the phone, there are still some left from the sim from my old phone and they synced ok. Any way I can retrieve them?

Also, the phone software did an update tonight, could that have been the cause of the deletion, I didn't check the gallery prior to doing the syncing.

I have noticed on other posts that people are using MyPhoneExplorer instead of HTC Sync. I will use this now, although it does seem to be having trouble finding my phone!

Thanks

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    There's an app you need to install on the handset to get MPE to work properly, click here.

The update shouldn't have deleted anything, although it's not outwith the realm of possibility. Are you sure they are no where to be seen on the PC?

3. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    London, UK
    If the photos are on your micro SD card as I assume they are, then you probably stand a good chance of getting them back using one of the many file recovery programs that are available (and a lot of them are free). Here is the site of one I've used in the past to good effect, although I don't take any responsibility for the outcome - I suggest you read the FAQs etc. carefully. It should be ok but, as I say, it's at your own risk.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

El Presidente likes this.