1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sync facebook pics with go sms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cupraman, Apr 17, 2012.

1. cupraman

cupraman Newbie

Hi, everyone I've upgraded from desire hd to my fantastic one x. What a phone..... Just a small problem I can't seem to get contact pictures in go sms to sync with facebook pictures. Tried the tips from go but still no luck. Any ideas anyone please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Camel Chops

Camel Chops Newbie

I've got this same problem. Worked fine with my desire HD but since I got the One X the pictures won't show up in go SMS. The Facebook pictures show up everywhere else ie the phone book and when making calls etc just not go SMS. Any help would be appreciated

3. oldgit2

oldgit2 Lurker

I have the same problem on my One x.. I had the same thing with Handcent so I thought i would try go sms.. stock sms is fine all contact pics show.. I am now thinking that it may be a problem with ice cream sandwich OS!!

4. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

From various other forums I've looked at I gather it may be a Sense 4 issue. It would seem Sense "locks" your pictures so no other app can use them. There are apps to unlock the pictures, but I think they require root access and at least one has been removed from the market. My workaround is to use Syncmypix to sync my Facebook pictures to the Google contact, and then set the default contact picture to Google rather than Facebook. It's a bit of extra work, but it does work.

cupraman likes this.
  5. cupraman

cupraman Newbie

Thanks Chilly Mcfreeze for the heads up, tried your work around and success. Like you said long winded but worth it since go sms is all I used on desire hd. Thanks again for the help.

6. gillehughes

gillehughes Lurker

Sync your contacts to both google AND facebook ... brings the pics in nicely.

7. TheBobmanNH

TheBobmanNH Newbie

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you set the "default contact picture?"

8. Fish-Bone

Fish-Bone Member

What do you mean?

I got all my contacts stored at Google and i sync them on my phone with Facebook contacts (had that done already on my Legend so no extra work when switching to One X).

Although ive got my contacts sync'ed with Google and Facebook, still no contact pictures show up on Handcent or Viber apps.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews