• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync Google Contacts

OK, so I bought an HTC Wildfire S from Tesco yesterday, have charged it up, connected to my home network and set it up to my google account.

So far so good - I can send and receive email from the phone.

I have also gone into Settings, and checked all the sync boxes for this account.

However, my Google Contacts are not appearing on the phone. I need them as I have several hundred phone numbers which I need on the new handset.

Please help, I have no idea what I have missed !!

Sorry to be totally dumb, but I do the following:

1. Press the power button
2. Slide down the time banned to unlock
3. Press the button marked "Phone" at the bottom of the screen
4. Press the menu button (three horizontal lines at black bottom border)

I then get a pop-menu with 6 choices: "People", "Call history", "Speed dial", "Settings", "Blocked callers" and "Tips".

Any idea where I go from here ? Or have a gone down a blind alley ?

Upvote 0
Ah, but if I repeat steps 1 & 2 above, then click on the People icon, then Menu, I do get an option called "View". But there's nothing about Google in there, just the following:

"View contacts"
- Sort contact list
- View contact name as

"Options"
- SIM (15)
- Phone (0)

Is this the place you meant ? Can't see how to add Google contacts in there though. Sorry ! :0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones