• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync Icon Won't Go Away (2.2)

lexluthor

Android Expert
May 15, 2010
I just went from 2.2 leak to 2.1 and then to OTA 2.2.

When I got to 2.2 OTA, I did Titanium "restore all apps with data" (not the option with "all system data").

Now, I have a sync icon in my notification bar that won't go away.

In settings->accounts, I have no accounts at all set to sync (I even unchecked my google contacts and calendar).

I already did one system format (because the first time I restored with titanium I restored system data too and saw in some other threads that could be a cause). After the system restore, but before titanium, I wasn't getting the sync icon.

I can't not use titanium to restore or it'd be a huge task to get things back to the way they were.

Any ideas or anything to check?

Nah, that's not it. It's something screwy when restoring Titanium.

If I restore "all apps with data", the sync icon never goes away. If I restore "missing apps with data", I don't have the problem.

I guess with the 2nd one it doesn't restore all of the system apps and their data.

I had to wind up going that route and doing some rebuilding of settings (wifi, bluetooth, icon, etc).

Upvote 0
lexluthor, I think the problem is you're restoring a bunch of 2.1 data files on the 2.2 system. that's causing it to have some problems with it's sync. it's definitely google related. I cleared mine up. are you having problems with sending and receiving mail too? I went to applications, then I cleared my cache and data and force stopped gmail and calendar and restarted both. Sync icon went away and everything is functioning good again. hope this works for you.

Upvote 0
lexluthor, I think the problem is you're restoring a bunch of 2.1 data files on the 2.2 system. that's causing it to have some problems with it's sync. it's definitely google related. I cleared mine up. are you having problems with sending and receiving mail too? I went to applications, then I cleared my cache and data and force stopped gmail and calendar and restarted both. Sync icon went away and everything is functioning good again. hope this works for you.

I had the sync icon issue going from the 2.3.9 leak to the 2.3.15 leak, so I wouldn't be so sure it has to do with 2.1 data being restored. Of course, I don't know that for certain, but like I said, I went from the first 2.2 leak to the 3rd 2.2 leak and still experienced this.

Between the sync icon not disappearing and the no vibe on new text messages issue, I just restored my system back to the original leak. It's good enough for now.

Upvote 0
I
I had the sync icon issue going from the 2.3.9 leak to the 2.3.15 leak, so I wouldn't be so sure it has to do with 2.1 data being restored. Of course, I don't know that for certain, but like I said, I went from the first 2.2 leak to the 3rd 2.2 leak and still experienced this.

Between the sync icon not disappearing and the no vibe on new text messages issue, I just restored my system back to the original leak. It's good enough for now.

Is there a way to go from OTA to the leaked 2.2 or 2.x.x15?
Mine doesnt vibrate and emails are very delayes, and of course the sync icon is stuck.

Upvote 0
I

Is there a way to go from OTA to the leaked 2.2 or 2.x.x15?
Mine doesnt vibrate and emails are very delayes, and of course the sync icon is stuck.

Ha...I just posted on your "no vibe" thread. The same bug is present on the most recent 2.2 leak (Moto's build no. 2.3.15), so you'd still have the bug if you flashed the leaked 2.2.

At this point, I think once you've installed the 2.2 OTA from Moto, you're stuck there for a few weeks. The Moto 2.2 OTA updated the bootloader/radio, and as of yet we're not able to revert back to the 2.1 and 2.2 leak's bootloader. I think a few devs are working on a way back (to 2.1, specifically), but I don't think it's ready for release yet.

Upvote 0
lexluthor, I think the problem is you're restoring a bunch of 2.1 data files on the 2.2 system. that's causing it to have some problems with it's sync. it's definitely google related.

Nope. My backup was from 2.3.9. I went back to 2.1, then to 2.2 OTA and then restored. I don't think there was that much difference from 2.3.9 to 2.3.15 (2.2 OTA) where it would cause there. I posted on Titantium's support and others have the same problem. It's a bug.

Instead of restoring all backups and data, I just restored missing backups. I lost all of my configuration info (wifi, icon settings, etc), but didn't have the sync issue. Took me a little while to re-configure everything, but I'm good again and probably things are a little "cleaner" without restoring data from system apps.

Upvote 0
Nope. My backup was from 2.3.9. I went back to 2.1, then to 2.2 OTA and then restored. I don't think there was that much difference from 2.3.9 to 2.3.15 (2.2 OTA) where it would cause there. I posted on Titantium's support and others have the same problem. It's a bug.

Instead of restoring all backups and data, I just restored missing backups. I lost all of my configuration info (wifi, icon settings, etc), but didn't have the sync issue. Took me a little while to re-configure everything, but I'm good again and probably things are a little "cleaner" without restoring data from system apps.

Did vibrate notification work on new text messages for you? When I flashed the 2.3.15 I lost vibe notification for new texts. Between this sync icon and the no vibe issue, I just flashed back to 2.3.19 for the time being.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones