1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan1942, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Dan1942

Dan1942 Member
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    I've had this message for my google accounts and have not been getting mail for over two hours now. I've looked at other threads in the forums, and found similar references but no solutions that would seem to apply here.

Also no solutions posted on the gmail help forum. Anyone have any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. Had Robinson

Had Robinson Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2012
    This is a snaggly one!!! The problem seems to be backing up the contacts on Android to Gmail where Gmail has no contacts in it or, at least, no contacts that were from the Android originally. Who knows what the exact kink is but this is how I fixed it: 1.) Make sure your contacts on Android are clean - this means NO contacts that have ALL empty fields. 2.) Go to the "People" app to bring up your contacts. 3.) Access the menu and choose "Import/Export". 4.) Choose "Export to Storage". 5.) Android will give you the name of the file and where it is stored. The stored area might be "/mnt/sdcard...." or something like that but it is the root of the storage card or the next one down. 5.) Access the SD card or storage with your computer. NOTE: Do NOT attempt to open the VCF with Outlook- it will only show just ONE contact (a bug in Outlook - any version - Tip is from Zipdrive on this forum). 6.) Open your Gmail account and import the VCF to your contacts. 7.) NOW try to sync. You may have to start/stop syncing and/or power off/power on. You should NOT have to clear your Android data in the Gmail app. 8.) If you keep your Gmail account open, you will now see Android syncing with it. However, you will now have duplicates of everything which is easy to fix with Gmail. At least you have your contacts backed up/synced with Gmail. Things should work OK from now on.