• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync issue

EmmJ

Lurker
Mar 14, 2013
Maine
Okay, everyone, first off, I am very much a newbie, so please, don't laugh...too hard :)

My husband, gave me my first tablet as a gift. I've always been a laptop user and so far, am liking my Nexus 7 very much. I decided I'd try syncing some music from my laptop (Ubuntu 12.10...fyi) to the tablet. I had some wav files that were already on my tablet and I do recall seeing them on Rhythmbox when I plugged in the tablet. After that, I started syncing and noticed that my wav files were nowhere to be found....HELP!!!

I did not backup as I am days new to this...and no, that is absolutely no excuse...we all need to backup...duh!

I looked up some recovery apps but nothing has helped yet. I am seeing the files there (/sdcard.), however, when I open one and try to play it, it doesn't play.

Is there any way I can retrieve these? I HAVE learned my lesson...must backup...always :)

I would appreciate any and all suggestions...thanks so much!

Emm

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones