1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Sync issues happen all the time now - help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by i.have.droid, Feb 22, 2011.

1. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Android Enthusiast

I have Outlook for work and gmail as well on my evo. I am having serious syc issues. I updated PRL and profile, and set my clock settings so atuomatic sync is off. That was a solution I read here a month ago that was working and has since stopped.

Now I will lose all info in my home screen weather app, I will lose my internet connection, and I can not see any of my new emails. Outlook is never in sync anymore and I get constant erros that it can not sync. It is happening on a daily basis and has rendered my phone almost useless. The Evo was fine for me for months until this..what has happened?

I am not rooted. Using 2.2.

Advertisement

2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Not sure why you're having issues, but there must be some type of file corruption in one of the previous syncs. Expect most will tell you to do a full reset, but I don't know how to address your issue.

I use Outlook and Google calendar for calendaring and have no issues. I've never been able to get my Evo to pull my biz or personal email so I just bookmarked the logins on my internet page and go directly. Not a one-button solution, but it's never failed me. Also like that it's not putting extra data on my phone or looking for updates.

Not rooted with 2.2 as well.

3. i.have.droid

It has gotten worse and worse..I have no idea when I will have time to do a full reset to be honest..smartphones need to be easy and save me time or I sell them for something else. I'm starting to lose faith in android..too many errors and wildcards..the only solutions are to reset and format and start over..thats unnacaptable for me.. I already have to do that with my laptop because of corrupt windows installs and it took forever to get everything set back up how I want it. Not doing it on this thing.

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

If you get this sorted out, there's light at the end of the tunnel. My wife's had her original Evo since launch and never had a single issue - not one. I've had a broken usb port, but I've never had anything that led to needing a full reset. We both run HTC Sense and many different apps without issue. I've heard of people with force close issues, frozen boots, changed information, and much more; but there are at least two of us who've never had an issue with Android.

That said, Apple has a loyal following and good product in the iPhone series. It's just not for me. Neither is AT&T or VZW.

5. i.have.droid

Yeah,I like Sprint..its a tough call.

I had to stop using outlook..that seems to help. The issue is with that. So no more work emails for me until I figure out the "authentication issues" when it cant sync.

Tags: