• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync issues with W7 x 64 - Tried the workarounds as well .. any other tips ?

m0nk666

Lurker
Jan 30, 2010
Hey Guys,

New to the forums and just getting my head around the HTC Hero which I got yesterday.

I read up on the HTC sync software and had downloaded the Vista x64 drivers as per various websites suggestions .

I then went to HTC support and found a new W7 x64 compatable sync software.

To cut a long story short, I have tried both methods. ( New HTC software AND the older Software with the Vista x64 drivers) .. Both give me the same results and W7 seems to detect the phone and installs everything correctly as far as I can see. However .. when I run the Sync tool from the Phone it eventually gives up trying to find the installed software on the PC.

I've disabled the W7 firewall and also the Antivirus software just in case they were blocking the Sync tool on the Hero from connecting, but I get the same results.

Any other suggestions are welcome. As a side note, I can mount the SD Card and see all contents on it through my PC.

Thanks for reading.

Regards

NOTE: Great Start to this guys . Apologies .. I seem to have posted in the wrong section . DOH !!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones