1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sync No More

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digiddy, Jun 13, 2011.

1. digiddy

digiddy Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    I've been trying to figure this issue out, it's happened to me across the two incredibles I've had so far. Basically my gmail will no longer work on my phone. I made sure the passwords were correct on all the different emails and the manual sync won't even work now. This is pretty frustrating you guys have any idea what's going wrong?

-Louis

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    For the manual sync, are you just pressing the "sync all" button? If so, press on the actual Google option instead, then make sure Gmail is checked for sync. Some people have noticed this randomly gets de-selected every so often.

If it's already checked, you could try deleting the account and then set it back up from scratch. Doesn't take long to do, just enter your login credentials back in.

3. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    why i try to delete my gmail account is says something to the effect of that it can't delete it off the phone b/c other apps use it and that I have to reset the factory defaults. I don't want to have to wipe my phone just b/c gmail doesn't sync anymore, or syncs sporadically. Is there any other way??

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Try updating your PRL first by dialing *228, select option 2.

If that fails, you can try adding a second gmail account. Some users have found this springs their original account back to life, then you can delete the secondary account.

Then of course, there's always the last resort factory reset.