1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sync Not Showing Same # of Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by michael519, Dec 29, 2013.

1. michael519

michael519 Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    Hello,

I've encountered a problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Gmail contacts since the recent update. I partially fixed it but there still seems to be a problem.

Originally, no contacts that I posted on my desktop would appear on the phone. I solved this by going into Contacts Storage and clearing the data. Then when it synced, I was able to see new contacts added on my desktop appear on the phone. However, I noticed that my desktop was showing 536 contacts but my phone only 507.

This time, i cleared both the Contacts Storage data AND the Contacts data from my application manager and upon re-syncing, there was still the same mismatch. So it seems adding new contacts from the phone or the desktop does sync properly, but somehow the already existing ones don't match up.

I can't seem to find any other place where contacts would be that might be interfering, such as an AT&T contact phone directory, but when I originally got the phone, I was still using contacts from my AT&T phone book. Might 29 entries in there (wherever "there" is) be blocking them from syncing up? Or any other ideas how I can get both the phone and desktop to match?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael

Advertisement