• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync photos: Mac iPhoto <--> Galaxy Note 2

Scorpio001

Oct 21, 2012
Hi,

I'm looking for a consistent approach to periodically sync photos between my Mac iPhoto and the Galaxy Note 2. I use iPhoto to store/consolidate photos taken various camera sources.

Any workflow recommendations? What app do I need to install both on my Mac and/or Note 2?

Thanks.

Whenever I plug my Iphone or memory card from my camera in, I have iphoto set to auto download from the source. I won't get to test this with the note until tonite, but it should recognize it a media source and act the same way. I didn't do anything special to iphoto to get it to perform this task. Well thats how I used to do it. I use Lightroom now.

What about sending photos from iPhoto album/event to the Note 2?

Upvote 0
Curious to know this as well. I use iPhoto for storing all my photos but couldn't figure out a "good" way to sync between the two. I wanted most of my albums on my Note 2 and the only way I was able to do this was to copy/paste all the photos into separate folders, then move all the photos via Android File Transfer to my Note 2's SD card. As these albums won't change or have additional photos added to them, I guess this route is fine. However I'd like to not have to import all photos into iPhoto and then replicate the process again when putting the photos onto my Note 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones