1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sync problem with one Google calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rmingee, Feb 7, 2011.

1. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

I've had my Epic since release day and never had any major problems with calendar syncing, but now a single (out of 4) Google calendar is empty, except for new items that I add, that appear instantly on the phone. 2 of my calendars are high-volume in terms of changes, a home and work, and it is the former that is causing issues now. I have a birthday calendar that almost never changes, which is fine, and a US Holidays "stock" Google calendar which is also fine, but again, they don't change much.

My first thought was to remove and re-add the account, but since it's my Google account, it won't let me - tells me I have to factory-reset the phone (which is ridiculous, but that's another issue I won't get into). I've tried unselecting and reselecting the calendar, to no avail, as well as manually kick-starting the sync. But it is syncing, because new events show up instantly. I just can't get the old ones back.

It's a shared calendar that my wife and I jointly maintain and we've given others access to, so backing up, deleting, and restoring from the Google side would be a real pain (and might not solve the problem anyway if it is an existing appointment causing the problem).

Anyone have any ideas short of a factory reset to try to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
    -- robert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

In case anyone should run into this, what I did was went in and modified the events (thankfully many are repeating that I can do all at once), and once I did that, they appeared. Not a great solution, but the best available to me given the difficulty of saving/restoring the whole calendar in Google.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews