• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync problems Huawei P8 lite & Macs

EDLFO

Lurker
Oct 6, 2017
I have had a lot of difficulty syncing the Huawei p8 lite with my mac. Using Android Transfer i followed instructions of switching on and off between media configurations etc which did initially seem to respond but now it seems to just not work anymore.
Basically speaking i attach with the phone´s usb cable, and get a CD icon on which it tells me to download Android Transfer (i already have it installed), sometimes I get a file of Android Transfer opening but there are no files in it.
I have then also noticed that the options for wifi and bluetooth are greyed out, i cant select them?

Any tips on how to get this to work..it seems far too complicated for the simple task of removing photos from my phone and i am thinking of changing back to iPhone because i only work with macs at home and in the office. Also, my phone is full and i cant upgrade the software because of this.

If by videos... you mean the ones taken on your phone.. then yes...

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

Now the downside is that you get unlimited free storage... but it will save them at a lower resolution... when you run out of space in the cloud you can keep them uncompressed if you pay for extra space.

give it a try, and see if it works for you.

(apologies for not answering, quite the question you asked... but i'm not a mac guy)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with @psionandy, using Google Photos is a solid option. You really need to have a backup solution in place, and using Google Photos will enable an automatic, online backup and sync service on your phone. Your photo library gets stored into your online Google account and being done wirelessly you don't have to mess with cables or mounting issues on any computer. Also, if your phone isn't handy when you are using a computer you can access your photo library by logging into your account and going to:
https://photos.google.com
When you install the Google Photos app on your phone, be sure to go into its Settings menu to set the various options up for what you need. And if you have a really large photo library, don't be surprised it might take a while for the initial backup process to be completed (a lot depends on the upload speed of your mobile data/WiFi connection).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones