1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sync questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poldie, May 25, 2010.

1. Poldie

Poldie Member

I'm still confused about syncing contacts. I have a Desire on Orange. I have a gmail account, and I use the htc mail app and connect to my gmail account using exchange. I sync my contacts to my gmail account using `google/sync contacts` from the sync page, and I sync my mail using `exchange activesync`. I do this because I can see/edit my contacts via the web gmail page (which is easier/faster than doing it on the phone), and because the mail app is better than the gmail app. But it seems that I have some contact information on my phone which is not visible via the gmail website. To pick one example, it's showing as a `linked contact` between 'exchange' and 'google'. Can I see my exchange contacts online? Where are they? I want them in one place, so I can back them up occasionally (I've already lost my contacts once as I set my phone up). It would seem to make sense, given that some contact info appears to be on exchange somewhere, to have them all there - then I can stop syncing with 'google' on my phone altogether, but I have to be able to see/edit/back them up first.

I've tried googling for this, but all I see is Googles own pages for other platforms, non-free apps to do exchange etc etc.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews