• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync random unknown accounts?possible?

Can incorrect contacts get synced with unknown contacts?

• I am getting updates on my contacts and they say it isn't them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • is it possible someone could sync a random account to one of my contacts phones

• How can an annonymous contact sync to a contact you know?

• Is he lying or is his phone # really not synced to the accounts that come up?

• Total voters

ginnyg

Lurker
Jul 17, 2011
Hi, I need to know if there is anyone else with an optimus V android that if you sync your fb,twitter,cloud,skype etc..it attaches accounts to your contacts list? I don't see the possibility of it randomly syncing one of my contacts to a total strangers account. It syncs my friends and I see their updates. but two people in my life are telling me that even though that is their phone number it is not their IM and fb accounts. Does anyone think it is possible that a random persons account would sync with your friend in your phone just because of a similiar name? Pleaze help. I think I am right and we are having a standoff because that person swears to be telling the truth but is generally not a truthful person. hope this makes sense...:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones