1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sync SG2 with Outlook - Exchange required?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jh96, Jan 9, 2012.

1. jh96

jh96 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    All,

Just a quick one - I've read through a coupe of other threads regarding syncing Outlook to the GS2, and I've picked up that third party software is probably the easiest and best way to do this - which is fine, but I've a couple of other questions first.

I'm in the process of setting up a new business, and it is essential that I receive live emails, calendar updates and contact updates to my phone, from my PC. I previously had an HTC setup to receive POP3 emails, but would only receive them in bunches every half hour or so, which was no good to me. My current work phone is a blackberry connected to an exchange server, which receives emails / calendar updates / contact details instantly.

My question is - as I'm about to purchase a domain, which comes with POP3 email included, is this all I require to receive live (instantly) emails and other updates (tasks not required), or do I also require an exchange server for this to happen?

Usage will just be myself, checking from the one PC - external backup of emails will be conducted by myself, emails to consist of text and attached documentation only.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers.

Advertisement

2. PaulineWalton

PaulineWalton Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Bookkeeping
    Perth, Western Australia
    I use Sync2 and it is brilliant (sync2.com). I had so many problems getting it all to sync and with this program I have had no problems at all. I also have my own domain and you dont need a server to receive your emails.

Hope this helps

3. jh96

jh96 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    Hi PW,

Great - I'll try this - thanks for your response.

4. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Pilot
    Calgary, AB
    Does your email provider accept connections through IMAP instead of POP? If they do, create an account on your phone and outlook to connect via IMAP, that way you won't need sync software.