1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sync sms contacts and call log berween two android phones.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BringMeAnother, Apr 8, 2014.

1. BringMeAnother

None

Nov 8, 2013
    I have a work phone with android 4.3 and a personal phone with android 4.2. I'd like to be able to use them interchangeably almost seamlessly. Most importantly I'd like to sync the three items mentioned above and have them up to date almost all the time, at least when wifi is available. A backup with a Windows machine would be useful too. How would I do this?

Advertisement

2. d13g087

d13g087 Newbie
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    So you want to basically have 2 phones that appear and act the same and update any changes that you make on one to happen to the other? If this is the case I think it would be easier to ditch your personal phone and get a google voice or talkatone type of app installed on your work phone and use your phone that way.

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Dual SIM phone? Not 100% sure exactly how they work but I assume that they have the 3 "things" you want to sync as common between them. You know what they say about "assuming" though ....

I use MyPhoneExplorer to sync my contacts/calendar from my PC to my phone (I use Outlook but it will also use Thunderbird or run standalone). The forums are at ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... so go 'searching' as I'm pretty sure someone has asked a similar question. Or at least about transferring what you want between phones.

Dave

4. MattG92

MattG92 Member
    None

Feb 11, 2013
    Male
    Student
    UK
    Not sure if it will sync between phones but could you try an app like MySMS?

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Or could you get one number to use for both and use a call blocker to block work calls out of work time? Just a thought as I used to have two phones too but it turned out to be a real pain. Not so much the synchronisation between the two but just the hassle of carrying them around (back in Nokia feature phone days ...).

Dave

6. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome
    None

If you live in the US, Google Voice can take care of which phones ring to which numbers, and since SMS is sent via data, those will sync. I can't think of anything that'll help with the call log, but you could also TRY (notice the key word) something like Tablet Talk that syncs SMS over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. I think syncing via Bluetooth might work if you keep both phones on your person, but that could be costly on your batteries.