• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync Software

andya23

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
Last night I dropped my phone and the screen got messed up. The touch screen function does not work at all. I need photos off the phone to get paid for a few projects that I completed just before I dropped the phone.

The problem is that my phone has a lock code on it and since the touch screen is not working I can not enter the password to unlock it to mount it as a disk drive.

Is there a program that I can use to sync that will allow me to enter the password for the phone as I do know my password.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Thanks

Andy

If you plug your phone into a PC via USB then both your internal and microSD cards should show up on the PC and you should be able to copy your files off.

Since the phone is password protected so are the files, not sure this method will work. When I had my phone locked via the pattern method I would have to input the pattern on the S3 before being able to access the files on the phone via usb on my laptop. The password would eventually timeout and need to be re-entered as well.

Upvote 0
Yes exactly and that is the problem. I have insurance on the phone but they said they will not cover just a screen replacement, that they would send a new phone so I would still lose the photos. My old htc used to have a sync program with it and when the phone was locked it would pop up a prompt to unlock the phone, which I could do with the keyboard on the computer to do so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones