1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sync to Gmail problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by campioni06, Jan 5, 2012.

1. campioni06

campioni06 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    London UK
    Hi all, tried to sync all my phone contacts to Gmail on my laptop but not getting there. I've read many threads on this forum and across the web but there doesn't appear to be a definitive solution?

Basically I can export my contacts off my SIM card to the SD card, and then import them to my Google account on my phone so they all show if I tick in Google contact but the problem is I can't then sync them up to my Gmail email account. Every time I try I get the error "Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly". Anyone had this problem and knows how to rectify it please?

Many thanks.

Advertisement

2. campioni06

None

Sep 4, 2010
    London UK
    Sorry to 'bump' my original post but I'm still getting the same error message when I try to sync, and it can't be the google servers being down all this time. No-one else experienced this and got a solution?
    Thanks.

3. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Sync problems are often messy things to untangle. Sometimes the best way is to start again. To do this, back-up your contacts, then wipe all the contacts on your phone:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Contacts Storage > Clear data.

Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Google > Remove account. Then, Power off phone > Remove battery for 30 seconnds > Replace and power on.

Set up your Google account on your phone again.

You could also try importing your contacts to your web-based Google contacts and syncing them to your phone (for the initial sync only), rather than from your phone to the web.

The other thing to look at is to make sure your web-based Google account settings are correct, e.g. using IMAP (which your phone should be using, too).

4. campioni06

None

Sep 4, 2010
    London UK
    Thanks Notebook I'll give that a go :)

Tags: