• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync Trouble with Contacts

I noticed the other day that my contacts aren't syncing with the rest of my Gmail account. I get calender and gmail to sync without a hitch, yet the contacts haven't synced in about a month now. It says that sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendation before I head off to a VZW store later?

I had this exact thing a while ago. What ended up working for me was to clear data/cache for contacts in settings (I did Gmail and calendar too, not sure you would really need to though) then I rebooted. It didn't work on just the reboot so I re-cleared them and did a battery pull. It's been working like a charm ever since.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but that didn't seem to help in my case. I don't know if it matters, but I didn't have a cache to clear when I found the "app" for it in the settings. Also, around the date that it stopped syncing, I remember that I attempted to restore a backup from that morning to retrieve some deleted data. I changed my mind and cancelled the restore, only at that point my Droid had duplicate contacts and asked about removing them (which I recall confirming). Could the aborted restore have affected out somehow?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones