1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sync With Facebook, Adding Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jgrevenitis, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Jgrevenitis

Jgrevenitis Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    So I have been tryign to search out this answer and there has been tons of things out there on it, but none seem to answer the question.
    First smartphone ever so i'm a complete idiot on this stuf.

Okay so first screen I have a Widget for:
    PEOPLE, MAIL, CAMERA, MESSAGES
    Underneath I have Menu Button, Phone, Personalize Button

So I manually went to my old phone and put in all my contacts to my new phone in the Phone Tab: Their First and Last Name
    Their Phone #

Then when I sign on to facebook, I put in my information and it asks me:
    Sync Friends With Contacts
    1) Sync All
    2) Sync with exsisting contacts
    3) Dont Sync
    So I pick sync with all exsisting contacts. (Which I thought was the numbers in "People")

Well now it updates the pictures of the "People" Widget, but when I push the "Call" button I now have everyone on my facebook there.

I guess what I am asking is how can I stop it from adding all the new contacts to the phone tab, and only sync with the people I want on my phone list.
    Eg. I dont want to have that random person I graduated with on my phone list, just because they're on my facebook.

Advertisement

2. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    What you need to do is open the people section, then click the menu button. You should see the View option, select it. You should now see a list of the available lists of contacts., one of them being Facebook. There is probably a check in the box next to it, just uncheck the box and then exit out. When you open the people list now, your Facebook friends should no longer be listed.