• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync with itunes?

I use Google Music Beta and have it sync my iTunes library to it. It's really nice since I can also listen to my collection through the browser. I don't have to worry about storage since I can stream my music or cache what I want. The app on my computer instantly uploads any music I buy from iTunes up to Google Music so I don't ever have to sync with a cable.

Upvote 0
It works, just used it a few hours ago.

Thanks. Installing now. I tried Doubetwist and it would not get playlists from iTunes or transfer any music. Edit: It does have the playlists but after upgrading had to sync USB to put files on card. Otherwise I filled up the internal memory.

Should I uninstall V Cast Media Manager. It keeps opening. EDIT: Motohelper has the options

Note I could not install the Motorola PIM Sync app. Not compatible. Edit: I see CBCS above uses it but how?

Upvote 0
I used the free Motorola Sync software for while, but it would try to copy my iTunes library intp two places on my phone (filling up the memory card), and I could resolve the problem.

I now use Salling Media Sync which runs on the PC. Works like a charm and much faster than the Motorola solution (which is deloped by Nero).

Upvote 0
I use the motorola media link software. I like it!

Double twist didn't do a good job for me, then I found the Motorola Media Link software, found here: Motorola | Motorola Media Link

It's perfect for me because I have a Mac and they have a osx version! It also will sync photos, videos, podcast as well as music and it also keeps your playlist.

Upvote 0
Hey YankeeDudeL. You using Doubletwist? I got it sync my music and play lists once. It took 3 hours. Now I am trying to do it again and it is taking 4 hours and does not finish. A few questions. I have Airsync installed.

1. How can airsync recognize the SD card?
2. When connected using the USB cable do I use PC Mode or USB nass storage? If I use USB mass storage do I have to mount the drive and how?
3. How can Doubletwist be setup so it only syncs the media not on the Bionic SD card?
4. Wit the USB cable plugged in how can I set up the Bionic so it stays awake? It is getting power fro the USB so the screen can stay on.

There will be more questions. The pictures/graphics the DT web site are too small to read.

Thanks

Edit: OK in PC mode it will sync but take forever. I looked on the Bionic and it seems all the music syncs but Doubletwist does not know when to stop. Looks like a bug.

This is so confusing. I cannot tel where the music files are stored. It looks like some are on the internal memory and some external in Doubletwist. In USB mode I see them on the 32GB card..

Upvote 0
Hey YankeeDudeL. You using Doubletwist? I got it sync my music and play lists once. It took 3 hours. Now I am trying to do it again and it is taking 4 hours and does not finish. A few questions. I have Airsync installed.

1. How can airsync recognize the SD card?
2. When connected using the USB cable do I use PC Mode or USB nass storage? If I use USB mass storage do I have to mount the drive and how?
3. How can Doubletwist be setup so it only syncs the media not on the Bionic SD card?
4. Wit the USB cable plugged in how can I set up the Bionic so it stays awake? It is getting power fro the USB so the screen can stay on.

There will be more questions. The pictures/graphics the DT web site are too small to read.

Thanks

Edit: OK in PC mode it will sync but take forever. I looked on the Bionic and it seems all the music syncs but Doubletwist does not know when to stop. Looks like a bug.

This is so confusing. I cannot tel where the music files are stored. It looks like some are on the internal memory and some external in Doubletwist. In USB mode I see them on the 32GB card..

Hey bike. I'm not actually using doubleTwist, it's just the one iTunes syncing app I knew of. I absolutely refuse to use anything with an "i" in front of it because I deplore iTunes. Someone else is going to have to help you with this one. Sorry I couldn't offer more.

Upvote 0
Hey bike. I'm not actually using doubleTwist, it's just the one iTunes syncing app I knew of. I absolutely refuse to use anything with an "i" in front of it because I deplore iTunes. Someone else is going to have to help you with this one. Sorry I couldn't offer more.
I still i. Some. I think there is a bug in the program with the Bionic. It.seems to sync all the music and podcasts. I just don't know when it is done. But I don't use it much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones