1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Sync with Outlook from HTC Desire HD and Legend

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clariman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Clariman

Clariman Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    I am looking for recommendations for Sync software for HTC Desire HD and HTC Legend to Outlook 2010 (on 64-bit Windows 7).... or to help to get the HTC supplied Sync to work.

When I got my Legend back in August, the HTC Sync worked fine for calendar and contacts in both directions. After accepting an update prompt from HTC, I upgraded to a later version of the HTC Sync software. Since then I have been unable to get HTC Calendar entries to appear in Outlook, but Outlook to HTC works fine. Contacts is working fine in both directions. I have checked that the appointments on the HTC are set up in the PC Sync calendar.

Does anyone have this working well with either the HTC Legend or HTC Desire HD? Someone has suggested I should abandon HTC Sync and use MyPhoneExplorer.

I haven't tried it yet with the Desire HD as I will probably Sync that to a new work laptop which I am waiting to arrive.

Current Setup
    Windows Vista 64 Bit
    HTC Legend (& also want to get Desire HD working)
    HTC Sync 3.0.55.11

Thanks

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Yes! Just do it. It works ... though see below ....

I have XP Pro SP3 and a Desire HD and it works fine. Go over to the MPE forum and check out W7 64Bit with OL as there may be some issues. Then again I could just have confused things with the issues with HTC sync as I obviously don't have them myself ....

Dave

Clariman likes this.
  3. Clariman

Clariman Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks Dave. The Android Forums have been offline most of the day since I posted, so decided to have another go with HTC Sync. Couldn't get it to work, so downloaded MPE about 45 minutes ago and it seems to work just fine with W7 64 bit and Outlook 2010.

At one point I tried to open up Outlook and it said it was already open which was as if MPE still had the file open, but that has happened since.

When you say MPE forums, do you mean on the FJ Software website or is there an MPE forum here?

Thanks
    C

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Using Outlook 2000 I get it asking me to allow access to it's contacts database when I sync using MPE. Get the option of 'no' or 'yes for x minutes'. Maybe something similar with your setup? Not used the *new fangled* Outlook ... :D

Not here, over at FJ at ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... this should take you straight to the English section. They are based in Germany after all. Good/fast responses usually.

Dave