1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sync with two separate Google accounts?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by doron1, Aug 29, 2011.

1. doron1

doron1 Lurker

Hi,
    I'm relatively new to Android but quite seasoned otherwise.

I'm trying to do the following: configure two different Google accounts on the phone (both exist). One will be used to sync Gmail, G+ etc., but NOT contacts, the other will be used only to sync contacts. (I have a third, Exchange Activesync account, to sync calendar to).

Configuration works well, all accounts are accepted and seem to login fine. Calendar syncs; Gmail syncs; G+ syncs. Contacts do NOT sync. No matter what I try, including manual sync (settings -> accounts -> (account) -> Sync Now), no sync happens.

Any idea what could cause this, and more importantly, how I can get around this problem?

(I've seen a rather similar thread(*), but there doesn't seem to be a solution and it's quite old).

Samsung Galaxy S2, Android 2.3.3.

Thanks in advance for any help!

(*) androidforums.com/android-applications/63923-sync-2-google-accounts.html

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

I've had trouble forcing any manual sync. I cant remember a time it worked for me. If things really dont sync, try reboot, then maybe try clearing the contacts database storage.

Also be sure in gmail they are set to sync (I think they just need to be in "my contacts")

3. doron1

doron1 Lurker

Thanks for your reply.

I did try rebooting numerous times. Also made sure the contact in the phone is moved to "My Contacts", just to see what happens. No matter what I do, a new contact I added on the phone does not get synced up into Google.

I just realized something I was not aware of previously - sync does work one way. That is, a contact I add to the Google account, does get copied into the phone. However a new contact I add on the phone (which is how it usually happens) does not sync up into the Google account, no matter what I do.

Help?!...

4. doron1

doron1 Lurker

(bump) Help? Anyone?