1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sync wth outlook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alackman, Nov 4, 2010.

1. alackman

alackman Android Enthusiast

I have two questions.

ok, so ive found out how to auto sync my phone calender with my outlook calender via google thus eliminating the need to physically connect/sync phone with computer which I have found often creates duplicates - when I delete a entry from the phone - it keeps comming back - is there a way around this?

Also, is this possible to do the same for contactsi? In theory should be a similar process right? phone syncs with google, an app on computer makes outlook sync with google also but I cant seem to find anything that will help?

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. spile

spile Android Enthusiast

You haven't got calendar sync enabled in any other Sync software (eg HTC Sync ) have you?

I couldn't either. Take a look at MyPhoneExplorer which is free and does the job of syncing contacts really well for me.

3. alackman

i didnt like the phoneexploroer much and unless I was missing somehting it only syncs when usb or wifi connection. I want/need somehting that will sync gogle with outlook and then incliung the phone.

I did find however sync2.com which isnt free but is onyl

4. alackman

have just completed as suggested in another thread to tidy up phone/googlec contacts. I have deleted all pohone contacts and only noww have google contacts and so yes now I onyl have google contacts in phone..no sim contacts (do people still store numbers on a sim card)

I now can auto sync (using sync2) all contacts and calenders with my outlook without having to connect physically. Any changes I make will automatically (depedant up[on sync schedual) with phone and outlook wherver I make the changes/additions/deletions etc woo hoo

I must remeber to change htc sync settings to only sync media and not calenderor contacts or I imagine duplicates will occur.

I alomst definitely will pay the

5. spile

spile Android Enthusiast

Have you looked at HamsterSync? - it seems to be a contact version of Google Calendar Sync and if I wasn't making good progress with MyPhoneExplorer, I'd be trying it out.

alackman likes this.
  6. alackman

Thank-you for your suggestion. I will give it a look. Although I never real got on with calendar sync. I always ended up with a load of duplicates. I'm sure it was probably something I wad doing wrong, but sync2 seems to be doing a great job so far.

7. spile

spile Android Enthusiast

Never had duplicate calendar entries since I started using Google Calendar Sync and I have it installed on two PCs.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews