1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Synched contacts on new phone don't match Gmail

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Bulltwinkle, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Bulltwinkle

Bulltwinkle Lurker

I synch contacts and calendars on my phone and Mac computer by using my Google account as the account (not the onboard Phone contacts). When I purchased the G7 recently, I couldn't get all the contacts to show for some reason. I tried to remedy this by "copying" my gmail contacts to the phone, which created massive duplicates. I then tried to fix THAT by running "merge". Total disaster, with numerous contacts combined under one name, etc. I checked my Gmail contacts, and discovered they were not affected by the duplication/merge operations, nor were the ones on my computer. So I deleted the contacts on the phone by disconnecting my google account on the phone, then re-connecting. Now, most, BUT NOT ALL of my gmail contacts show up on my phone. How can I get them all to show, like on my previous phone?

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Hi there, Bulltwinkle. I'm sorry no one's answered yet; yours must be quite an unusual problem that no one else has seen.

After your most recent attempt, where most of your contacts are now there, can you tell if there's anything the missing ones have in common? Perhaps there's something quirky about them.

Have you tried exporting your contacts from one device (presumably your computer) and importing them on the new device?

3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Just a thought, are the contacts that are missing email only contacts? If so they maybe synced, but not showing because the contacts app is set to display only contacts with phone numbers?

4. No

5. No