1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Synching calendars between devices

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Robert Odabashian, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Robert Odabashian

I am trying to sync my calendar (Galaxy S8+) and my wife's (Galaxy S5). I have set up the accounts on both phones and synched them.....nothing, nada, zilch. What am I doing wrong?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You've set the same accounts on both, but have you told your phones' calendar apps to display each other's calendars? Your calendar app will have a list of calendars to display, and you'll have to check they are turned on on each other's devices.

3. Robert Odabashian

Thank you for the response. Yes, both devices have been told to use each other's calendar.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Which calendar service are you and your wife using? The Google calendar, Outlook, Yahoo? Also,are both of you using the same service, or is one using one and the other using a different one?

If this is a matter where both of you are trying to sync to a common Google Calendar, if you start up the Calendar app, when you look in the hamburger icon in the upper left (three horizontal lines), is the proper calendars (i.e. Events, Reminders, Birthdays, etc.) checked or unchecked?