1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

synching notes to and from PC

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mathilda, Dec 25, 2010.

1. mathilda

mathilda Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Australia
    I have just bought myself a Huawei 8510 Ideos mobile phone and am finding it difficult to establish a connection between my PC and phone via a USB cable.

AlsoI would like to be able to transfer from my PC notes which I made on my Nokia MusicExpress to my new Android, and copy notes made on the Android to my PC. I am at present just using Notes on the Android and am looking for a better program (free would be great).

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Mathilda

Advertisement

2. mathilda

mathilda Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks, but what do you mean by "the cloud" and Notebook with Sync a program?

I cannot find a file manager on my phone, or a sync icon. How do I see the files I have on my SD card

Thanks

3. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    it's almost 2011 - cut the cord! use Dropbox. do a search and get a referral link before you sign up and get 2.25GB+ of free storage space.

you could also use Documents to Go along with Google Docs.

good luck!

4. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    I'm using Jade Notes on my phone, Resophnotes on my pc, and syncing them with a service called simple notes. Here's my post on that solution in a thread about other options. Many options exist to sync between your phone and a server somewhere ("the cloud") but few also sync to a local file on your pc.

5. mathilda

mathilda Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks, I have managed to download Astro so can now see the folders on my SD card.

The notes I made on the notepad are not shown and I do not know where they are stored and I cannot find out where they are saved. How do I make sue tht notes/documents I make are saved to the SD card, and what is a good program (free if possible) to use so that you can see the files on the PC.