1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Synching problems with contacts and Facebook directories

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DWKirton, Feb 8, 2011.

1. DWKirton

DWKirton Lurker

When I linked my phone contacts list to my facebook profile some of the numbers of friends changed, instead of having a "0" at the start of the numbers it changed to "44". I know this is the international calling code for the UK but not in full.

When I try and call the people who's numbers have changed it says "number not recognised" I try and edit the number on the phone but it shows the normal number with a 0 at the start but not when make a call. I can't find a way of changeing it through the phone so I think the problem is with the Facebook directory, Anyone know any different?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crayfish

Crayfish Lurker

Me and my wife both have exactly the same problem. I have it on my HTC Hero and she has it on her HTC Wildfire. When you link a Facebook contact who has their mobile number set up in their facebook information, the HTC People app takes this as the primary phone number for that person. This overrides the mobile number you've entered into their contact details if the numbers match.

Unfortunately it seems that the People app is bugged (at least for United Kingdom phone numbers) and cannot complete calls to numbers that are set up in the format fixed by Facebook.

The only way we've found to get around this problem is to unlink the contact from facebook or if the person removes their phone number from their Facebook information.

There does not appear to be any way to set the mobile number entered in the phone to be the primary number if it matches a linked Facebook mobile number.

Edit: Actually I've found a better solution offered by someone on XDA Developers. Simply change the number type in your contact from "Mobile" to something else (for example "Other"), you can now select that number as the primary number and use it instead of Facebook's bugged number.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews