1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Syncing adds email addresses and Twitter feeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lotus49, Aug 29, 2011.

1. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I am trying to use SyncMate to sync iCal and Address Book on my Mac with my SGS2.

After a lot of faffing around I am getting close but still having problems with spurious entries on both iCal and Address Book.

If I sync Mac -> SGS2 the Address Book entries are copied over correctly. If I try to sync bi-directionally, SyncMate tries to add my Twitter feeds and what appear to be random email addresses gleaned from my email. It serves no purpose to me to have either of these in my Address Book.

My question is simple, how do I stop this from happening.

I don't think that the problem is really related to SyncMate and I suspect it is my phone trying to be "helpful" but it isn't, it's just annoying.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

[Edit]
    I have realised that the email addresses are coming from my Gmail contacts. These aren't real contacts but just addresses that Google has extracted. Now I know what the extra addresses are but I still don't know how to stop them syncing.

Advertisement

2. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I'm replying to my own post again (how helpful I am) but for what it's worth, I have at least worked out how to stop the Gmail contacts syncing by the simple expedient of deleting them all.

I have had to change my settings in Gmail to tell it to stop auto-importing contacts but, for me at least, that is an entirely useless feature that just fills up my address book with people I have emailed once and will probably never email again.

I still haven't figured out how to stop syncing my Twitter feeds into my address book though.