• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing Calendars

Phalon4 describes the answer we use. My partner and I are on Google Calendar, and share our main calendars with each other. Works great. I can see his schedule on my Google Calendar view, and he can see mine. Makes scheduling joint activities a breeze.

If you want to go crazy, I'm sure you can add permissions to edit each others' calendars, but you can see the problems that might cause. You can each also maintain separate unshared calendars to store events the other person need not track -- such as work-related details of the day.

We've used this system happily for years. If someone emails me with a request for a get-together, I have a pretty good idea whether we'll be available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phalon4
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones