1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Syncing Calendars

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jse0722, Jul 8, 2017.

1. jse0722

jse0722 Lurker

I want to sync my wife's IPhone calendar to my S8 calendar so we can keep track of each other's schedules, is there a way to do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

You can use Google calendar and have both your wife and your google accounts sync. That's the easiest way. Just synchronize each other accounts on both of y'all devices by adding account.

Kevin-B likes this.
  3. graybeardnc

graybeardnc Newbie

Try SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar

4. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Doesn't work on all devices

5. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

Phalon4 describes the answer we use. My partner and I are on Google Calendar, and share our main calendars with each other. Works great. I can see his schedule on my Google Calendar view, and he can see mine. Makes scheduling joint activities a breeze.

If you want to go crazy, I'm sure you can add permissions to edit each others' calendars, but you can see the problems that might cause. You can each also maintain separate unshared calendars to store events the other person need not track -- such as work-related details of the day.

We've used this system happily for years. If someone emails me with a request for a get-together, I have a pretty good idea whether we'll be available.

#5 Kevin-B, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Phalon4 likes this.
  6. graybeardnc

graybeardnc Newbie

graybeardnc said:
    Try SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar
    Doesn't work on all devices

Works on my S8. iPhone doesn't need it.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews