• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing contacts with google

lsutiger

May 4, 2010
When I add a google contact through the phone, it does not updates my contacts with google. Exactly the opposite when I add a contact to google.

Is this whats supposed to happen?

I posted a similar question a few moments ago, but it did not show up in the list, so I posting again.

update: Oops...looks like I posted in wrong forum....had two windows open.
Could admin move to correct forum?

When I add a google contact through the phone, it does not updates my contacts with google. Exactly the opposite when I add a contact to google.

Is this whats supposed to happen?

I posted a similar question a few moments ago, but it did not show up in the list, so I posting again.

update: Oops...looks like I posted in wrong forum....had two windows open.
Could admin move to correct forum?

It depends on whether you make them a "phone" contact or a "google" contact when you crate them. If you make them a Google contact - which is a choice when you first add a contact - then it will sync.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones