1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Syncing Email accounts...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by telltime, Jul 14, 2011.

1. telltime

telltime Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I just traded the Eris in for the Incredible 2. I'm trying to set it up, but I'm obviously doing something wrong and would greatly appreciate your help.

I connected (like I did on the Eris) with my G-mail (obviously), Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL accounts. I GET e-mails just fine, but if I delete it off the phone, it doesn't delete it from the account when I log in on the computer, and if I delete it from the account from the computer, it remains on the phone.

I've got the refresh set to 5 mins, and have even tried to manually refresh with no success. Is it something I've got set up wrong in the "Accounts & Sync" section? Sync mail and Update when opened are both checked, along with the update schedule set to 5 mins (as stated before).

Signed,
    Confused!

Advertisement

2. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member
    None

May 17, 2011
    Store Manager for vzw
    by the lake..
    in the settings under the email program you have to check a box that says "delete from server" or something along those lines. Its in there, just gotta look for it, should help your issue.

Now I have an interesting one that has been bugging the crap outta me. The htc email client seems to automatically download and save picture attachments to emails to the phone. So I have over 3000 pictures on my phone under the "download" section because I get so many work emails on it. I've scoured the settings and stuff, but can't seem to find any way to make it stop doing that. Anyone got ideas on that one??

3. telltime

telltime Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    This is what I've looked and looked for, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the account set up or e-mail area. I've even looked for it in the general phone settings. Closest I could find was the sync, which I did set. I just changed the account setting for the download option to one day instead of 30 (the maximum). I don't remember the setting on my old phone (the Eris), but whatever it was, the Sense e-mail display "matched" what was in the account.

I know there is a size limit I've found in the account settings for the e-mails, but I haven't seen anything specific to attachments other than to have them save internally or externally to the SD card (under the specific e-mail's "General Settings," "Attachment Cache").

4. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member
    None

May 17, 2011
    Store Manager for vzw
    by the lake..
    Its under the send/receive tab of the settings menu in the actual program itself. There is two boxes to check, one is for when you delete the files from the phone, they delete from the server, the other is to delete from server, they leave your phone.

I tried that download body check mark on there, so I'll see what happens, having 3500 pics dled is pretty stupid and I'm sure bogging my phone down.

5. telltime

telltime Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Well, I've deduced, and then had it confirmed by both Verizon Tier 2 AND HTC telephone support, that this is "new" for Gingerbread... the choice of how far back you can go is now limited to 30 days (no "all" selection) + it pulls from the entire e-mail account and not just the inbox. Both call centers say they have been flooded with complaints/calls abou this but have no idea if Google intends to "fix" this.

The lady that answered the phone for the HTC call center did, however, tell me about a free app in the marketplace that will help with this. K-9 Mail is the one she told me about. I'm sure there are others, but none work with HTC Sense's e-mail widget, so unless Google fixes this back to how it was, my first choice of the HTC widget (the one that lets you flip through all your inbox's e-mails like a deck of cards) is out... disappointing.