1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Syncing gmail contacts to Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlueRose-uk, Sep 15, 2011.

1. BlueRose-uk

BlueRose-uk Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi all,

After much searching on the internet I successfully synced all my contacts on my Desire phone to my gmail account. Using gmail I then cleaned up all my contacts (I had several duplicates or contacts split up).

I have wiped my phone of all contacts and am now trying to sync my contacts from gmail to my phone so that I have one clean copy, but no matter what I do it does not seem to be syncing the contacts on gmail back to my phone :mad:

Please please please help!!!!

Thanks

Advertisement

2. spile

spile Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    I would recommend you get a copy of your contact on your PC with something like MyPhoneExplorer (which will sync with Google and/or Android) and work from there.

3. BlueRose-uk

BlueRose-uk Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Thanks Spile, but I need a bit more detail than that on what to do?? Do u mean get MyPhoneExplorer on my PC?

I thought android phones should automatically sync with gmail contacts anyway?

4. spile

spile Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Yes, working with your contacts on a PC is much easier and safer than on a mobile device. Cloud based Contact sync in my experience unrealiable, hence a lot of posts askign why they get sync errors. MPE using wifi or USB is far more reliable in my experience.

Tags: