1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Syncing Gmail with Samsung S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Edo123, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Edo123

Edo123 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I have just bought an S2 on T-Mobile and have been trying to sync it with my Gmail account so I can get my emails straight to my phone and be able access The Market to download Android apps, but I am not being able to do so. I made this Gmail account quite some time ago and never used it with Android before if that makes any difference. It worked fine on my iPhone though. I have another relatively new Gmail account and when I try to sync my S2 with that account, it goes through successfully and downloads all my emails without a problem.

This is the message that I get when I try to add my Gmail account to my S2:

"The attempt to sign in failed due to an invalid username, password, or incorrect settings. Please check your username, password, and settings on the web, and try again. (301)"

Please could anybody help me.

Advertisement

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Contact should be sync through the contacts. The gmail contacts should appear the first time you log in since there you have to input your gmail account.

But for email, you actually have to do it again using the email app. Not sure what your problem is but it should work. Maybe go to the web and check the settings and see if syncing email or pop3 email is allowed.

3. Edo123

Edo123 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I have checked POP3 in my Gmail on the web and its all fine, but still it wont work with my S2.

Anybody else please?