• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

syncing itunes library with DI

Ahh, should've thought of that, too. I run all MP3s, so that's from my experience.

There was another thread that mentioned that if it was in a folder called music, that was the root of the album art issues. Ever since I renamed it to mp3, all album art shows up without fail, whereas before it would not consistently. I didn't do any retagging or anything. It started displaying all embedded album art after the rename.

Oh i never thought of that. I just always assumed everyone used a folder named Music, heh. I use a folder named Video for my movie files, i guess i'm just used to using them and never thought twice about it. The first time i synced my eris with doubletwist it created a Music folder and i've never bothered to change it. I use album art grabber to get the album art for the itunes files and everything has worked great so far. If i had known just changing the name of the folder would have worked instead of downloading a new app i would have saved the .99, ahh well, whats a buck these days anyhow. I'll just leave it as it is now of course because i've already went through all the trouble but its good info to know for those new to the android platform. I dunno i might even opt to change the folder name to mp3 anyhow just to remove the additional app, heh. Decisions, decisions :/

Upvote 0
Mine does by design. When I hook up the USB cable, a screen pops up and asks what I want to do (just charge, use as a disk drive, etc).

Got to Settings->Connect to PC and there are 4 choices. Have the 'Ask Me' checked and that should come up. If the third choice states 'Mount SD Card, your card isn't mounted for whatever reason.

When you plug the phone in, it will ask you what you want to do, and choose Disk drive, and then hit 'Done' at the bottom, and your PC should show it as a removeable drive.

Yeah the only thing is the first time you connect it, it will install the driver files on your pc. But after that everytime you connect it, it will see it as a mass storage drive.

Upvote 0
I went into my phones folders and renamed the "music" folder to Mp3 and now I have two folders....one folder named Mp3 and one named Music. Should I delete the Music folder or is that how it should be? I really want to have album art and I do not want to go to the web and grab every cover manually.

Thoughts

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones