1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Syncing Kindle pc with Kindle app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mbmast, Dec 24, 2011.

1. mbmast

mbmast Member

I am having trouble getting my books from my Kindle on my pc to my Kindle on my droid x2. What am I doing wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Only purchased books from Kindle shop will be synced (WhisperSync).

Books which you have imported on your Kindle reader on PC you'll have to import them to the Kindle app in the same way: Copy them from PC to the phone's SD card in the folder 'kindle'.

Harry

3. mbmast

mbmast Member

I connected my Droid x2 to my pc. I got the phone icon to show up on my pc. I clicked on browse files. It will only show removable storage. It doesn't list my Kindle or Nook.
    I have the usb cable on pc mode. I'm sure this is a simple task, however I'm fumbling.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I was understanding that you have your books on PC and want to copy them to the phone.
    Is that right?
    If you haven't a folder 'kindle' on your phone's SD card then create this folder with your PC's Explorer and then copy your books in that folder 'kindle'.
    When you'll open the Kindle app then the books will shown in the book shelf.

I take it that your books are PDF or .mobi files :)

Harry

5. mbmast

mbmast Member

Yes, they are PDF's. I tried what you mentioned. Kindle on my pc will not allow me to copy the books.
    I do have Adobe ireader, I just do not like how it is set up. I have downloaded the Mantano reader free version to give it a try.
    thanks for your help in this, I appreciate it!