1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Syncing Not Removing Email From Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcknigs, May 5, 2012.

1. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

I just upgraded from Droid1 to Droid Bionic. With Droid1, downloading all my Verizon email to Outlook (deleting from Verizon mail server) at home would cause Verizon mail to disappear from my phone. With Bionic those messages are remaining on the phone. Is this a difference in the mail apps between phones or versions of Android, or is there something I can set on Bionic to get it to behave the way my Droid1 did?

TIA,
    -Scott

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

I don't use the stock mail app anymore but I believe there is a setting to remove email from device when it is removed from the server. I use k-9 mail now and I know there is a setting for that.

3. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

I can find the setting for "remove mail from server when it's deleted from phone," but I can't find "remove mail from phone when it's deleted from the server." As I said, this seemed to automatically with the mail reader on the Droid1 when it synced. I'm stumped. :(

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Generally, if you have the mail client set up to fetch the mail using IMAP, mail will be deleted from the device when it is deleted from the server. If you are using POP, that will or will not happen, and will probably not, if you have already fetched the mail on the device. Is your mail account POP or IMAP? If it is POP, try setting up using IMAP if the server supports it.

5. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

Hmmm. OK. By "mail client" I assume you're refering to the one on the phone. I would assume that the Verizon mail server supports IMAP if the reason that messages on my Droid1 would disappear was that Droid1 client was using IMAP. For both phones I used the email account setup wizard. I don't recall being asked to make a choice but perhaps I was. I can't find a place to change it now, so perhaps the solution is to delete the account from the Bionic and see if I'm given IMAP as an option when I recreate the account?

-Scott

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews