1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Syncing with Facebook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akaivyleaf, Jul 9, 2011.

1. akaivyleaf

akaivyleaf Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    Atlanta
    Why won't my Facebook sync continuously? I use Facebook as my pictures for contacts. When my contact changes their picture, my phone doesn't update. When they change their status, my phone doesn't update that either.

On a related note I think... my weather doesn't automatically sync either. When I travel to other cities/states it won't update.

What do I not have set up correctly?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    When you go to menu-settings -accounts & sync is the automatic sync box checked? Do fb and fb for sense have the lil green circles next to them?

My cousin had this problem with fb on her evo and it was to fb app itself. For some reason the fb for android app wasnt keeping her logged in and when she tried to resign in it kept saying error. So she uninstalled it and reinstalled and then it worked.

akaivyleaf likes this.
  3. akaivyleaf

akaivyleaf Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    Atlanta
    Any ideas why you have to have both FB and FB for sense syncing? I took your advice, having previously just had FB syncing. When I added FB for Sense it works as I would like it to. Does this mean I can turn off FB or must I have them both concurrently syncing?

Any ideas on getting weather to sync depending on my location?

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I'm not 100% sure as i have both on my phone and haven't fussed with either but when my cousin took one or the other off her evo she couldn't get it to sync right all the time. There was a thread somewhere that was about fb vs fb for sense. But now of course I cant find it...

Are you using the stock htc weather widget thing?under the same menu for accounts & sync is weather listed there?
    I haven't really used that, i am using weatherbug and haven't run into any problems with i syncing.

5. akaivyleaf

akaivyleaf Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    Atlanta
    Yes I am using the stock weather app... let me download weatherbug to see if it will do what I want it to.