• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Syncing with google calendar

D

Deleted User

I have a Macbook with iCal configured to match my Google calendar account. The two sync together with no problem. I tried setting up my HTC Desire to sync with my Google account which should give me three way sync but I get the following problem:

I open Calendar on my phone, I try to add an event, a message appears saying: YOU HAVE NO CALENDARS. Ont the settings side, if I hit MENU then MORE and I choose CALENDARS I can't see my Google account. If I hit SETTINGS there is nothing to add my Google account. If I go to the ACCOUNTS & SYNC settings, I see my Google account, but when I hit my account, the data synchronization theme only shows SYNC CONTACTS and SYNC GMAIL, there is no SYNC GOOLGLE CALENDAR (is this normal).

I had Syncmate installed on my macbook and had it configured on my Desire, but it didn't sync the calendar either so I deleted it from my accounts. Could this be causing my problem or does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones