1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Syncing with google calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Imasphere, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Imasphere

Imasphere Member

Nov 24, 2010
    I have a Macbook with iCal configured to match my Google calendar account. The two sync together with no problem. I tried setting up my HTC Desire to sync with my Google account which should give me three way sync but I get the following problem:

I open Calendar on my phone, I try to add an event, a message appears saying: YOU HAVE NO CALENDARS. Ont the settings side, if I hit MENU then MORE and I choose CALENDARS I can't see my Google account. If I hit SETTINGS there is nothing to add my Google account. If I go to the ACCOUNTS & SYNC settings, I see my Google account, but when I hit my account, the data synchronization theme only shows SYNC CONTACTS and SYNC GMAIL, there is no SYNC GOOLGLE CALENDAR (is this normal).

I had Syncmate installed on my macbook and had it configured on my Desire, but it didn't sync the calendar either so I deleted it from my accounts. Could this be causing my problem or does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Advertisement

2. spile

spile Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    In the Google Sync settings on Android you should see an option for Calendar.
    Worth setting up a second Google account and trying that?

Imasphere likes this.
Tags: