• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Syndicate Frozen Rom

SO.....I got the new and improved, faster, better, stronger undeniably awsome SRF v1.2. The biggest reason or rather the thing I was looking forward to the most was the touchwiz that from earlier posts I thought was going to be included in the ever popular "fully loaded" version but alas either I'm unable to find the download link or standard is what we got. Now id be remiss to say that I have not enjoyed it and this is coming from a flawlessly running srf 1.1.1 and still they've managed to improve so thank you all you devilishly clever devs but once again no touchwiz. Now there is the addon (tw 4.0) that I excitedly downloaded and flashed however for some odd reason it runs perfectly (awsome improvements to app placemnts and some other minor tweaks) untill I decide to open my phone....oh buddy....it absolutely hates landscape mode.....even if I turn my phone it simply will not g into landscape it just lags for about 60 seconds and frcecloses and restarts so if there is a possible solution or fix please help I've aways prefered touchwiz for its userfriendly simplicity and hassle free-ness. Just a bit of info I've. Got meself overclocked to 1.3 over and min set to 400 and I've flashed tw 4 twice now with the same effect.

Last I heard they're planning to add the "Fully loaded/touchwiz" version... but I think they just released the standard 1st for now. Keep your eyes out, it might be coming soon.

Reactions: NightAce83
Upvote 0
This is my first custom rom on the epic. I downloaded standard (1.2) not even knowing about fully loaded. It has launcher pro on it but I keep getting nag errors to download paid version. Is this normal, and does everyone that downloads this rom buy the unlocker?

The only time I have gotten the popup to purchase the paid version was when I changed around the number of columns then tried resizing a widget. I can't remember what all is included in the Paid version, but I know that is one of the bigger bells and whistles included.

It is up to you whether the paid version is worth the purchase. I guess if I had a reason to, I would probably upgrade. Launcher Pro is a great home replacement, so I personally wouldn't have an issue in spending the couple of dollars on it.

Also, what are you doing to get the popups?

Upvote 0
The only time I have gotten the popup to purchase the paid version was when I changed around the number of columns then tried resizing a widget. I can't remember what all is included in the Paid version, but I know that is one of the bigger bells and whistles included.

It is up to you whether the paid version is worth the purchase. I guess if I had a reason to, I would probably upgrade. Launcher Pro is a great home replacement, so I personally wouldn't have an issue in spending the couple of dollars on it.

Also, what are you doing to get the popups?

Whenever I touch one of my normal non-launcer pro widgets, or try to move them, the widget gets highlighted and freezes - then I hit the back arrow and I get the popup. It happens quite often. Very annoying. I don't think I have need for the paid version as I already have another paid app that provides widgets I use.

Upvote 0
Whenever I touch one of my normal non-launcer pro widgets, or try to move them, the widget gets highlighted and freezes - then I hit the back arrow and I get the popup. It happens quite often. Very annoying. I don't think I have need for the paid version as I already have another paid app that provides widgets I use.

I think it should just be if you long press on the widget and resize it. If you are just moving it, you should be okay as long as you go to move it as soon as the widget "pops up". If you continue to hold it longer, you get the resize option (highlighted with a tab on the lower right corner).

So just be a little bit quicker and you should avoid the resize, and purchase popup.

Upvote 0
I think it should just be if you long press on the widget and resize it. If you are just moving it, you should be okay as long as you go to move it as soon as the widget "pops up". If you continue to hold it longer, you get the resize option (highlighted with a tab on the lower right corner).

So just be a little bit quicker and you should avoid the resize, and purchase popup.

I switched over to Go Launcher EX. Its free and its comparable to the Launcher Pro paid version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones