1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root synergy not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turbo speedy, Sep 1, 2011.

1. turbo speedy

turbo speedy Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    ok i installed synergy but after i reboot the screen stays white and never loads? i watched the youtube video of how to install is there something i forgot>?

Advertisement

2. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Grand Rapids

what synergy did you flash??

this guide should help you out...just follow the steps

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

more than likely you didnt perform a full wipe....you have to wipe the cache, dalvik cache, and data ( i do them 3x each ) then flash the superwipe zip...THEN flash the rom and reboot....

3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Rewipe, reflash. that should fix it.

4. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    American English Speaking Taxi Guy
    Indianapolis
    It took me 3 tries to get Synergy loaded and working correctly. This thing is a demon to get loaded. Wipe cache, data, dalvik 3 times, factory reset twice, flash super wipe 3 times... and I finally got it running stable. Then again it lasted me all of a day before I was back to my comfortable home on Mik3D... :) I did like how customizable Synergy was though.

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yeah i flashed the godmode one and it took almost 45 mins to boot up. it took forever. this rom you need to be patient with and make sure you have plenty of battery before flashing it.

dustwun77 likes this.
  6. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I had zero issues flashing it ... just takes a long time to boot up ... so does that new Merge rom !!! Anyways ... if this is the first rom you flashed im guessing there was an issue with wiping. You must be very thorough. They they just stated ... wip davik cache and cache and data 3x each .... run superwipe zip .... then flash. You should be good to go !

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    The flashing process of a GodMode rom is what takes so long, after flashing and rebooting the phone, the boot up should be a normal 5-8 min, tops;)

8. nicktheqwik

nicktheqwik Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    Sales
    DFW, Texas

Mine didn't take quite 45 minutes, but when I finally did get it loaded, the "Godmode" edition that is supposedly twice as fast as an overclocked EVO turns out to be the slowest, laggiest, choppiest ROM I have ever used. I have never seen any cell phone run this slow. There was no EXT partition set up on my SD card, and there were no instructions on whether or not it needs to be done prior to flashing Synergy. If so it needs to be added to the install instructions, if not then this ROM is just a donkey. No offense to Synergy's devs, the other versions are amazing. I was really looking forward to this new method of storing the Dalvik and finally getting to the top of the ever elusive Quadrant scores no matter how irrelevant they are.

9. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Wow, does it really take that long? I haven't dabbled into GodMode yet.

And is your avatar from the windows stock photos? It looks kinda familiar, and that's the only place I can think of where I have landscape photos...
    :p

10. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Grand Rapids

mine was the same way with Synergy + godmode.....i think my screen stopped dead in the middle of rotating for like a full second before it finish the turn lol....

11. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    American English Speaking Taxi Guy
    Indianapolis
    I just deleted my Synergy nandroid for the 4th time. Forget this rom. It hates my phone or me I don't know but the thing hangs and locks and freezes all over the damn place. Mik3D for me, it even has better options IMO. I'll live without the Synergy skins/mods.

12. jon.u113

jon.u113 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Synergy god mode wasnt bad for me at all... just used up a lot of space will try it once more once i partition my new sd when i get it

it is mentioned though that you have to be using amon ra recovery to get god mode to flash maybe thats why your having issues?

13. Team420

Team420 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Maine, USA
    What recovery u got? I had the same issue when I flashed synergy, just after rooting, I went as far as to let it boot for an hour, and still the white screen... I was using clockwork recovery.... someone suggested I try amon, so I did, reflashed synergy+godmode, and rebooted, phone was up and running in normal boot time after that.

FWIW, when I had issues with godmode, I tried the non-godmode version as well, and had the same issue.... Amon hasn't failed me yet....

Tags: