• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System apps on pixel 4

Browsers very glitchy on my phone so apologies. I tried to post a few uploads it kept booting me out of the browser due to security reasons ?
Original issue,Why is my system update notifications through play store unable to change setting? How can it be so adaptive that it can change a important notification like that in play store and in my system ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210822-044136.png
    Screenshot_20210822-044136.png
    279.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20210822-043707.png
    Screenshot_20210822-043707.png
    999.2 KB · Views: 115
Sorry, I've no answer to this. My Pixel 2 allows me to toggle this on and off just fine.

Google changed this setting at some point, probably at the point where they made it possible to change (it used to always notify you), and they set it to "off", but I don't know why you cannot turn it on. As I never allow automatic updates it makes less difference to me, though I'm not a fan of Google making app updates more and more invisible (which is very Apple-like - to be honest the 2 companies have far more in common than either company, or their fans, would admit). But I do feel that by default people should know when their apps have updated, even if you give them the option of saying that they don't want to know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones