1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

System Apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bethany McDonald, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Bethany McDonald

Where can I get a list of stock system
    apps?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

the entire system apps? that list could be quite long. system apps are basically your entire os. it is how android is compiled. for the most part, there should no reason why you need to look at system apps. and also you have to be careful looking into system apps as they sometimes have very sinister sounding names, but are very harmless.

is there something in particular you are looking for?

puppykickr likes this.
  3. Bethany McDonald

I had a Spyware called Update System Service, and now I have 2 or 3 system apps named the same thing, and new files. I'm just wondering if the Spyware installed additional apps, or files...etc...

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

There may actually be a legitimate system app by that name.

What makes you think that you had spyware on your device?

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  5. ocnbrze

update system service is a system app which has to do with updates. so the thing is that spyware can't be a system app. in order for that to happen, the spyware would need would need permission to read and write onto your system partition.......in other words your phone would need to be rooted. and rooting is not as easy as it used to be. rooting these days requires adb programming setup on a computer and your phone hooked up to it. so unless you handed a phone to someone who then attached to a computer, i doubt your phone is rooted.

i agree with @puppykickr , what makes you think you have spyware on your phone?

Dannydet and puppykickr like this.
  6. Bethany McDonald

My husband put it on my phone and admitted to it. It was creating folders in my phone which contained the info the Spyware was collecting. That's actually how I found out about it...https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/02/20/kidsguard-remove-stalkerware/amp/

7. ocnbrze

Dannydet likes this.
  8. Bethany McDonald

Perfect.

9. svim

svim Extreme Android User

After you do a Factory Reset, be sure to change your phone's lock screen. Than he can no longer access your account on your phone. Also you should reset the passwords of any online services you use, that's just as likely a point of access as being able to just log into your phone so you should lock him out of those too.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  10. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Remember to back up anything important before you do that factory reset.

svim, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  11. Bethany McDonald

That seems to have worked. I'm not worried about him getting into my phone, I just don't want him to accidentally mess up my phone. I just really hope the Spyware didn't add anything I'm not noticing.

LG K8 Forum

The LG K8 release date was June 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 210 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

June 2018
Release Date
Reviews