• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help System Automatically Deletes the Space Prior to Symbols in SMS/Emails

Boss-Hog

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
Hi all,

I've noticed when sending SMS and emails, whenever I type a word, followed by a space then a symbol (i.e. "-", "$", etc.), the space between the word and the symbol is deleted. It's irritating, at least to me, because that's not what I typed. If I want to type a word, then a space and a currency amount, it has to be entered twice because the first time it's entered, the space is automatically deleted. For example, if I want "costs $10.00" (without the quotes), the phrase is stripped to "costs$ 10.00" until it is entered the way I want it a second time. The hyphen character works the same way and I'm sure there are others that do, too. Honestly, I can't think of a reason for the system to auto correct these situations as it does, but is there any way to avoid this annoyance? Thanks in advance for the help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones