• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root System Crash

downeaststudio

Nov 24, 2010
Oh great keepers of the android! I need some serious help. I downloaded Clockworkmod from the app store and tried to install cyanogen mod7 on my MyTouch. At first all seemed fine, but when my phone started to reboot now it stays stuck at the boot screen for about 5 to 10 minutes and then the system crashes.
Can anyone out there help me get my phone up and running again? I don't mind if I have to reinstall the stock rom.
Thanks.

Weird,tried to do the same thing with a cm7 link that someone posted on the XDA forums and ended up having the same problem that you did. Good thing i had Clockworkmod on there lol.

Back to the topic, If your pc has a micro sd slot inside you can manually download it into your sd card. When you do, you can use the instructions on this link. Helped out a lot xD
T-Mobile Support Community: Master reset using hardware keys - T-Mobile myTouch
Btw, Did you make a backup of your phone before you put in the cm7 thing?
If you did just fully the instructions on the link and go to back up and restore when the clockworkmod screen shows then restore. Took like 3-5 mins for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones